My apologies that there was no devlog at the end of last month as I had lots of holiday time off, and there wasn't much "interesting" development stuff to share at the time.
The last two months was mostly spent tidying up the entire code base of the game, rewriting large amounts of code and stripping out anything old that was no longer needed.
Planet Types and Bonuses
Some other things I have been working on recently include:
- Added Tiny and Huge planet sizes in addition to the existing Small, Medium, Large sizes.
- Planet size now determines how many buildings can be built at a colony. (Tiny has 2 slots, Huge has 6 slots)
- Reworking the colony graphics to reflect each planet size
- Balancing the various planet types and bonuses
- Better planet tooltips on the galaxy map
The planet effects such as Thin Atmosphere etc. will be listed on the colony screen in more detail, so you can see what bonuses each one provides. The galaxy map tooltip just adds them all up and displays the total for each modifier.
Building Upgrade Slots
Each building built at a colony can now have upgrade slots that provide extra bonuses to the colony.
I haven't decided how many upgrade slots each building can have yet, so the list below might change after some more testing...
Here are some examples of building upgrades:
+5% Population Happiness
- Recreation Facility Upgrade
+2.5% Population Happiness
- Communal Housing Upgrade
+5% Maximum Population
- Hospital Upgrade
+10% Population Growth
+10 Mining Ship Support Slots
+50% Refinery Unload Speed
- Docking Bay Upgrade
+25% Refinery Unload Speed
- Processing Plant Upgrade
+20% Refinery Efficiency
- Resource Silo Upgrade
+1000 Metal Storage Capacity