[Suggestion] Dev updates of the week

Post your ideas on how the game can be improved or features you would like to see.
Wrymn

[Suggestion] Dev updates of the week

Post #1 »

Okay I think this strongly depends on you Stuart :)
But it would be pretty interesting to have at least some short week updates.
It would be here on forums in some Announcement or Dev Updates section.

Things like what was added to game past few days, some annoying bugs, maybe funny bugs, some development insights, etc :)
I think developer of Limit Theory is doing this kind of post once a few days for example.

But yeah this is just a suggestion, to have a little something to read about Galaxial Dev news every now and then o.O

Thrank

Re: [Suggestion] Dev updates of the week

Post #2 »

I quote Wrymn! :D

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #3 »

I would like to start posting the development logs on the forum to keep everything centralized, and try to make them shorter and more regular.

I prefer not to post about everything I'm currently working on, I find it quite time consuming.

They will certainly become more regular as it gets closer to release, when I have much more interesting things to post about and play-through's of the game etc.
I think developer of Limit Theory is doing this kind of post once a few days for example.
Hehe.. Josh is clearly some sort of high-workrate squirrel/monkey hydrid, putting the rest of us solo developers to shame! :D :squirrel :monkey

Modest

Post #4 »

Tytan from Rimworld have such nice change log. I honestly thing that He is doing best with those updates. Large one makes place on blog, but lesser ones are shortly mentioned in change logs.

I will provide a links now:
BLOG: http://ludeon.com/blog/
CHANGE LOG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rC ... OHyNsg/pub

Change log is accesible from sticky theard on forum. And of course it is ALWAYS dev chooise what He put there for our knowledge, and what He decided to keep as a surprise... Surprises are cool! ^^

PS. I provided liks to present example how that may be done - just to be crystal clear.

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #5 »

Working on some new ship designs today. So for the first mini dev update, I'll do a screenshot timelapse of how one is made.
Tytan from Rimworld have such nice change log. I honestly thing that He is doing best with those updates. Large one makes place on blog, but lesser ones are shortly mentioned in change logs.
Detailed change logs are nice, but not particularly useful when the game hasn't been released yet. :)