DevLog: April 2017 - Easter Break

Official news, announcements and development updates.
StuartMorgan
Developer

DevLog: April 2017 - Easter Break

Post #1 »

Welcome to the Galaxial development log for April!

I had a couple of weeks holiday over the Easter period, so this will just be a brief list of some of the main things I have been working on this past month.
  • Deciding initial stats for each ship hull and starting to balance the various module effects.
  • Naming all of the various module types and sizes. Currently there are 462 modules in total.
  • Ships now use mass, thrust and agility modifiers to calculate their acceleration and turn rate. (Rather than acceleration and turn rate being base stats for the ship hull) There are new and existing modules that will affect these modifiers.
  • Started work on the new improved ship design/module fitting window.
  • Ship hull selection window finished. (used for the ship designs)
  • Lots of small improvements and extra functionality to some user interface widgets.
Ship designs in Galaxial are created by choosing a ship hull and then fitting modules into its available slots to enhance and specialize the ship for the role you choose. Each ship hull has different graphics, base stats, module slots, power, speed, shields, hull, energy etc...

Geach

Re: DevLog: April 2017

Post #2 »

are you going to put in carrier type ships? And if so are they going to have interchangable parts for say different fighter/bomber loadouts?

cdnr1

Post #3 »

and is there any news on this coming on early acces steam ?

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #4 »

are you going to put in carrier type ships? And if so are they going to have interchangable parts for say different fighter/bomber loadouts?
Yes, carrier ships and fighters are planned. The exact mechanics for how they will be launched and controlled hasn't been decided yet. One idea is using some sort of Fighter Control module that is fitted onto a targeted module (turret) slot on the carrier ship for selecting its fighter targets from the parent ship. (Easier to implement for AI and manually controlled player ships)

The fighter/bomber loadouts will be determined by adding as many Fighter Hangar modules of your choice to the active module slots on the carrier. Individual fighters will be produced the same as all other ships, and there will need to be some available in the reserves stockpile. They will get replenished over time to the carrier ships automatically, so there hopefully shouldn't be any micromanagement required.
and is there any news on this coming on early acces steam ?
No news or estimate on when early access or the release date will be yet. I plan to have it available on Steam if all goes well. :thumbup

lordubik

Post #5 »

"No news or estimate on when early access or the release date will be yet. I plan to have it available on Steam if all goes well."

Well my money is just waiting!