- Options screen
- Fullscreen, windowed, borderless and fixed (maximised) window support
- Menu screens and most UI windows now dynamically resize depending on the screen resolution
- Save/Load game UI screens
- Saving all game objects to file (and loading them back in correctly with no errors or memory leaks!)
- Confirmation window to save the game before exiting or returning to the main menu
- Lots of rendering, math, memory and optimization improvements
- New particle system
- Planet surface colours revamped
- Switched to FMOD sound system. Engine integration is done, it just needs testing.
The particle system has been remade so that it is much faster. No more allocating/freeing memory for explosions and having too many individual draw calls. It can comfortably handle tens of thousands of particles per second now.
Throughout development, changing game settings like the screen size previously had to be done manually by editing a settings file. So its nice to finally have all of that properly tested and working from within the game now.
The loading and saving system has been a huge task and is now working great. I think I went over and refactored almost every part of the game code in the process...
This should be the start of new monthly development logs. There are still some loose ends to tie up from this months work, but hopefully in February I will be able to work on some of the more enjoyable gameplay stuff.