DevLog: April 2018 - Planet Tile Screenshots

Official news, announcements and development updates.
StuartMorgan
Developer

DevLog: April 2018 - Planet Tile Screenshots

Post #1 »

Welcome to the Galaxial development log for April!

With planets now having up to 19 tiles for building placement... the colony graphics have now been updated so you can see straight away how many each planet has and what is built there (without going into the more detailed colony interface screen)

Each planet size (Tiny, Small, Medium, Large and Huge) has corresponding population graphics and hexagon tile sizes.

Various buildings at the colony such as Shipyards, Farming, Refineries, Research Labs etc. are placed within the center circle of the tile. Colony population graphics surround them, which is visible for each tile depending on the current population of the planet.

Uncolonized planets display their tile layout once they've been explored.

Many buildings provide bonuses to neighboring tiles. For example a Assembly Array building boosts the output of Shipyards adjacent to it.

Colony buildings have panels which display the colors of the faction, as well as relation identification lights when you zoom out.

Bonus ship screenshots

Modest

Re: DevLog: April 2018 - Planet Tile Screenshots

Post #2 »

Yay! :D All those look really great! :D And I am glad to hear that buildings WILL have neighbooring bonuses :D

As for ships - they look very interesting and nice indeed :D

cdnr1

Post #3 »

it's going to be awesome

Modest

Post #4 »

Actually... One thing that I noticed and wonder about right now is how smaller ships behave with bigger ones. On provided screenshoots we all see small ships to circle around bigger ones.

Was that done on purpose of those screenshoots only? Or is that general behavior of smaller ships when in same fleet with bigger ships? Or maybe those big ships are also Carriers and that is why those smaller ships circle around them? :)

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #5 »

Modest wrote:Actually... One thing that I noticed and wonder about right now is how smaller ships behave with bigger ones. On provided screenshoots we all see small ships to circle around bigger ones.

Was that done on purpose of those screenshoots only? Or is that general behavior of smaller ships when in same fleet with bigger ships? Or maybe those big ships are also Carriers and that is why those smaller ships circle around them? :)
Yeah the ships circling the bigger ones was done just for the screenshot. Although you can assign orders to have groups of ships guard and protect stuff.
Ship behaviour and combat will be worked on a lot more before release, so isn't completely finished yet and could change.

Modest

Post #6 »

Well... If Carriers will ever be a thing in Galaxial (I do hope they will!) than I would just love to see their fighters/bombers to circle mothership during non-combat time :)