Introduce yourself!

This forum is for general discussion of all topics related to Galaxial.
Avery4life

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post #31 »

Hey im Avery, I watched the Blog for the longest time and just finnaly decided to register on the fourm! The game looks great and the Dev working on it really has restored my trust in indie games :clap you sir treat your game like you would a baby. (A very beautiful baby at that)
:ghost Boo!

Bippwatt

Post #32 »

Hello! I'm Bippwatt. Ran across this game by pure chance and was instantly grabbed by the concept!

I have loved games like Sins Of A Solar Empire, the original Starcraft games, Homeworld, SMAC and more. This game feels like the spiritual successor to all of those games and has so much potential! I can't wait to be able to give it a try!

As for myself, I'm hoping to get into the 3d modeling and animation business, going to eventually be an indie game dev myself in my free time. A game somewhat similar to this has been floating around in my head, but as of yet hasn't been realized.

I've also been considering making an making an animated...something. it's too long to be a movie, but too in depth and connected to be a show.

Hope to see more from y'all! Can't wait to get to know you guys!

Camo5

Post #33 »

Interesting. I will post myself later when I have time..
Last edited by Camo5 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metalsynkk

Post #34 »

Hello there ~

Well, I go by metalsynkk pretty much anywhere, however my real name is Kirill.

No idea how I found this game initially, I suspect the random lurking on internet in general is to blame. I am a fan of everything scifi and space related, but I tend to suck quite badly at the big space strategy titles, be it turn-based or not, and this looked somewhat... simpler, I guess? I know there will be alot of elements later on but it is also a lot more aesthetically pleasing. I often look up things like lists of games in a particular genre and this is how I found Galaxial around 2 years ago. Been popping onto the main site every now and then to lurk on dev progress, and it's good to see it taking shape.

I've tried many 4X games, mostly the X universe games (X3: Reunion most of all, but the steep learning curve got to me), some GalCiv2 in between, Sins of a Solar Empire, and so on. Games like SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies) also jump to mind. Played EVE for some months and altho the game is amazing, I get immersed quickly and I needed to stop due to it being the only game I played, heh.

Looking forward to possible alpha/beta access whenever that comes around ^^

Camo5

Post #35 »

Herro! :3

You may recognize me from somewhere else on the internet, or you may not. I am always Camo5 wherever I go (Real name is Camden)

I stumbled upon this game and can't wait to see it burst into fruition! It is a similar genre to my now favorite games: Reassembly, Gimbal, Captain forever, Terratech, GSB, SPAZ, and shellcore command, to name a few. I get the impression, however, that this game is much closer to games like phage wars in terms of gameplay, but that's ok. So long as it's challenging ;)

curious_jorge

Post #36 »

Hallo!

Stumbled onto this game through reddit. Like everyone, I'm a great fan of the art and design style. Looking forward to release!

bram

Post #37 »

Hello, I'm Bram.

I'm a fellow indie gamedev, or as I like to call it: an INDIEvidual.
I've got a few games under my belt, iOS, Android, Steam and such.

I love the visuals of your game.
Super clean 2D visuals.
I would like to see where the development leads you.
Hopefully with an emphasis on simulation.

Bram

GeoffBell

Post #38 »

curious_joerge wrote:Stumbled *removed spam link* through reddit. Like everyone, I'm a great fan of the art and design style. Looking forward to release!
Hi I'm Geoff. How many of you still play?
Last edited by GeoffBell on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Geach

Post #39 »

its not out yet so none of us except stuart

CoffeeCrazy

Post #40 »

I'm sad I haven't noticed this project sooner. I'm a big Armada/Sins fan. I also love the art style of games like Eufloria, so seeing something reminiscent of both is very intriguing and I had to be a part of it. Glad to be here!

*sips coffee*
Hobby portfolio: http://9us.us

Modest

Post #41 »

Welcome to the forum CoffeeCrazy :) Not much activity going on here... But Stuart is posting monthly updates VERY REGULLARY! Which is great thing! :)