End of 2018 and still no progress

This forum is for general discussion of all topics related to Galaxial.
Borg

End of 2018 and still no progress

Post #1 »

So... It seems Galaxial will be never released.. End of 2018 and still not real progress has been made.
Too bad you didnt listen to my advice about using Lua to program UI+AI+World (basics) and leave C++
to engine and physics (and other high performance stuff). Lua is easy to use in C/C++. Many well know
games use it, lets just name few like WoW, Stalker, Supreme Commander.
With this aproach you could focus on engine development (part you like) and rest could be opensourced
so people could help you in game development. Its much easier to apply/reject patches instead doing
work yourself. But nooo, u preffered to stick to XML.. Too bad..

Dont get this post wrong, I really supprised u made so much alone already, but I feared that it will be too
much for a single person to handle.. I do some small coding myself and I know how long it takes to devel
even small game. Now, i sprobably too late to switch, but 3 years ago when I give you such idea it could even work.

Regards,
Borg

StuartMorgan
Developer

Re: End of 2018 and still no progress

Post #2 »

But nooo, u preffered to stick to XML.. Too bad..
Galaxial uses XML for game data only... exactly the same way as games such as Rimworld and Civilization 6 are structured.

I've had a very bad year due to personal circumstances. Consequently the development of the game has been slowed, but I haven't abandoned it or plan to. I'm well aware its taking a very long time to finish, which is why I have never asked for money for pre-orders, started a kickstarter campaign or released it early and unfinished.

TuriusRay

Post #3 »

Doesn't listen that Stuart... people are just nervous but we know galaxial will come, hope everything goes fines for you from now on

Geach

Post #4 »

i check this everyday and will continue to.

Borg

Post #5 »

Yes, people are nervous.. because there is a very high chance now that this game will be lost in time...
This could be one of the best 4X RTS games every created... And with right aproach it could spawn
huge modding community as well..

Stuart: I hope you have backups.. and I hope you have trusted person to feed his own backups..
It would be really shame if that project would get lost somehow...
You put a LOT of effort into it and I think you crossed half-way already...