Updates

This forum is for general discussion of all topics related to Galaxial.
Crow Shadowhawk

Updates

Post #1 »

Hi Stuart, and everyone...

I know that this is probably something you get a lot, but we're dying for some news on the current state of both yourself and Galaxial. We're all here because we're interested and excited for the game, however we've not heard much from Stuart about it in terms of new stuff.

What i'm getting at is a thing where every month, Stuart tells us about what he's been up to with the game, whether it's showing off a new feature he's excited for or bug fixes an UI changes or improvements, similar to what we had with the dev blog...

Many thanks and good luck!

theStorkDK

Re: Updates

Post #2 »

This is the last status update viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33&p=282#p282
Dated back in July he said he had some distractions so that's porlly why.

Dan

Post #3 »

Hey Stuart,

Any update for October? :D

/Dan

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #4 »

Dan wrote:Hey Stuart,

/Dan
Hi Dan, I'm currently working on the colony facilities including creating the graphics for them all. Also looking into the possibility of being able to work on Galaxial full-time... :think

Dan

Post #5 »

StuartMorgan wrote:
Dan wrote:Hey Stuart,

/Dan
Hi Dan, I'm currently working on the colony facilities including creating the graphics for them all. Also looking into the possibility of being able to work on Galaxial full-time... :think

Thanks for the reply Stuart!

Have you considered a kickstarter? I was just reading about this one man indi game that just got early released on steam now and was funded via kickstarter, he raised 20k, but enough for one guy to work 1 year full time and bring his dream to reality. Also he has very positive feedback since he released an earlier game in similar fashion where he raised 16k. Basically the new one is a better game with similar mechanics in a new setting.

You can set up a kickstarter to fund your work full time, no need to ask for a lot, but enough so you can sustain yourself for a year or so. Anything extra will basically give you a boost. I am sure you would definitely raise that amount (10-20k or more) considering you already have what to show.

To be honest, you should try to release more updates or engage more otherwise this will drag for too long... so working full time on this, building a community is key. I and others can help out spread the word. In the above example, that guy started and released a project/game in 1 year.

I am sure there are many like me out there that would love this game.
Teal wrote:
Have you looked into/considered a kickstarter?
I am quite a motivated person, but I would worry about getting payed for the game in advance could make me lazy.

Think I'm past the point where it would actually be helpful now, Galaxial is going to get finished anyway. Running a successful Kickstarter campaign would need to be a huge effort and distract me away from developing the game.

Will probably do some sort of pre-order beta access as it gets nearer to the release.
Not sure about your above arguments, the guy from that example basically is also a solo project, don't think setting-up a kickstarter would take away from your dev time, on the contrary it might actually boost your motivation to finish the game without financial stress, since you are already quite far.

After all, I don't think some extra cash will do harm if that can help you work full-time on this and finish it.