Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:22 pm
Out of curiosity, how is research implemented (or planned to be implemented) in Galaxial? For instance:
- What sort of things are available to be researched?
- Will research be necessary to acquire or use particular modules or ships?
- Will certain research confer bonuses (e.g. 5% increase in rate of fire for a particular weapon class)?
- If research does confer bonuses, will these bonuses be immediately applied to all eligible units, or will it only be applied to newly-created eligible units?
- Will certain research act as prerequisites to other research, or can you choose to research anything?
- Will there be different 'grades' of a particular area of research?
- Will any module or facility be required to perform research?
- Will any consumable resource be required to perform research, or does it just take time? Is there a way to alter the amount of time it takes to research something?
- Is research 'global'? If you research X at some location Y, are the benefits of that research immediately available everywhere else for you?
- Is research persistent? Is there any way to lose research, or will the sum of things you research always monotonically increase within a game?
- Is it possible to 'steal' research from other factions? If so, what are the mechanics behind this?