Galaxial Videos

This forum is for general discussion of all topics related to Galaxial.
Dan

Galaxial Videos

Post #1 »

Hi!

Wanted to ask Stuart if it's possible to have some new videos of the game, really enjoyed the ones on youtube, but most are now quite old.

Feel free to also post them here, not sure if we can/how to embed youtube videos on the forum? I would like to post the ones we have already in this thread.

Thanks!

Dan

StuartMorgan
Developer

Re: Galaxial Videos

Post #2 »

Here are the old ones already on YouTube with some information about each one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20NpIg_ ... 08qoOjs4YA[/youtube]

Pre-Alpha First Video
First video of Galaxial to demonstrate large battles. Watching this reminds me, I need to add some sort of UI element above a ship when you are manually controlling it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XDaPPK5 ... 08qoOjs4YA[/youtube]

Turret Lights
Added lights to ship turret hardpoints. Shows the ship relation to the player, not the faction it belongs to: Green for player, red for enemy, blue for allied, white for neutral.
The lights no longer pulse, like in this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayN90lgX ... 08qoOjs4YA[/youtube]

Projectile Weapons
Another battle video to show some new weapon types and support modules.
I made the enemy ships only target the player ship that I was controlling. (the larger one in middle of the V)
The other ships in the squadron were repairing me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxJgAIy ... 08qoOjs4YA[/youtube]

Sound Effects and Projectile Test
This was a large scale stress test, to see if the game could handle 75 simultaneous battles involving over 4000 ships throughout the galaxy.
Feel free to also post them here, not sure if we can/how to embed youtube videos on the forum?
Added a YouTube BBCode to the forums. Just place your link between them and they will be embedded.

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20NpIg_MCg?list=UUV8uk13MsVhp608qoOjs4YA[/youtube]

TuriusRay

Post #3 »

Can we ask for a new video as gift from christmas or is too late Stuart? :P

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Dan

Post #4 »

TuriusRay wrote:Can we ask for a new video as gift from christmas or is too late Stuart? :P
+1 :thumbup

Thrank

Post #5 »

+2 :thumbup

Horgrim

Post #6 »

+3 :thumbup

Crow Shadowhawk

Post #7 »

Without meaning to Bug Stuart over it, i'm sure it'd make a lot of your Fans happy to see a new video, not only so they can see where you are with development, but also for you to show off some new stuff you're really happy with. :thumbup

TanC

Post #8 »

+5 :thumbup

Modest

Post #9 »

+6 :thumbup :D :D :D

Wrymn

Post #10 »

+7 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #11 »

Busy with some things right at the moment, but will find something to show in a new video over the next few weeks. :think

TuriusRay

Post #12 »

StuartMorgan wrote:Busy with some things right at the moment, but will find something to show in a new video over the next few weeks. :think
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

StuartMorgan
Developer

Post #13 »

This week I am going to be spending time to polish and tie up any loose ends for a new video.

I'm thinking rather than jumping straight to some action, I will first show the loading and galaxy creation screen then a test battle in-game afterwards... :think

Crow Shadowhawk

Post #14 »

StuartMorgan wrote:This week I am going to be spending time to polish and tie up any loose ends for a new video.

I'm thinking rather than jumping straight to some action, I will first show the loading and galaxy creation screen then a test battle in-game afterwards... :think
That's a great idea. Perhaps show some early game stuff as well, setting up a colony, getting some mining ships going and some of the ship creation. :ugeek:

Dan

Post #15 »

StuartMorgan wrote:This week I am going to be spending time to polish and tie up any loose ends for a new video.

Can't wait! :D Thanks Stuart!