I had a couple of weeks holiday over the Easter period, so this will just be a brief list of some of the main things I have been working on this past month.
- Deciding initial stats for each ship hull and starting to balance the various module effects.
- Naming all of the various module types and sizes. Currently there are 462 modules in total.
- Ships now use mass, thrust and agility modifiers to calculate their acceleration and turn rate. (Rather than acceleration and turn rate being base stats for the ship hull) There are new and existing modules that will affect these modifiers.
- Started work on the new improved ship design/module fitting window.
- Ship hull selection window finished. (used for the ship designs)
- Lots of small improvements and extra functionality to some user interface widgets.
Ship designs in Galaxial are created by choosing a ship hull and then fitting modules into its available slots to enhance and specialize the ship for the role you choose. Each ship hull has different graphics, base stats, module slots, power, speed, shields, hull, energy etc...